Monday, June 10, 2013

A piece of my heart in Tokyo

 
Ginza Lights

 
The Hotel Spa. The Peninsula Hotel



Harajuku Crepes!


My biggest boy and littlest boys


Japanese Lovers



Baby Louie and his fans.


Just a spot of shopping


Tokyo DisneySea


Gardens

 
 
Tokyo Disneyland
 
 



I obtained a passport.
14 days later I left Australia.
Tokyo was nothing like I had expected but so much more.
Beautiful.
Busy.
Quiet.
Exciting.
Calm.
Tasty.
Sensational.

With the trip so quickly arranged and a full schedule leading up to the departure there was no time to research my guts out (like I normally do).

The best thing was having a loose plan of what we wanted to do, have accommodation and airport transfers booked and for the rest - wing it!

To keep track of the itinerary I used Tripit. Which is both web based and has an app for your phone. You provide Tripit with your email and it searches through your inbox for travel bookings and populates the itinerary online for you. Just a little tweaking and its complete, ready to forward to family and friends to keep track of your adventures. Best of all, it's easy to use and free! 


Accommodation = The peninsula

Transfers = Limousine bus 

Activities to make the kids as happy as a kid at, er, well, Disneyland! 


In short.

Tokyo changed my life. 

To read more about Japanese Culture these are my two best blogs



If you are thinking of a family holiday to Tokyo, send me an email and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

I have to resist all temptation of doing it all over again too soon, but as they say 'if you're onto a good thing, stick to it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone. Thank you so much!