Thursday, September 11, 2014

RuOK?

{This post has been edited from a similar post in 2011}


Ironically, this month marks the point seven years ago when I hit rock bottom. I was at a point of no return. It had to get better, because worse was not an option. I was blessed that the person who always made sure I was ok, and continues to ask "R U OK?" is my husband Mario. He saved three children from losing their mother. I owe my life to this man.

Not everyone has the support of someone to ask these questions. But you could change a life. You could make that change today. 


Today I will make contact with three people, I challenge you to do the same. 


“In the time it takes to have your coffee, you can start a conversation that could change a life. 
On R U OK?Day, who will you ask?"

   -Gavin Larkin, Founder R U OK?

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing sharing your story Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to be persistent when the moods & behaviour of our loved ones change. Sometimes it takes along time for them to admit there is a problem. The more we share the more we educate. Sometimes the Penny drops, & we realise where the past behaviour was leading. Amazing Lady & Family.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from everyone. Thank you so much!